I’ve started so many more blogs than I’ve posted.
I’m determined to change that.
Since giving up psychiatric meds(*), I have come to find out that I have emotions that want to burst onto the page into words. It’s strange, as before I had many thoughts I wanted to share, but somehow couldn’t unravel them from my mind to the page. And with the removal of pharmaceuticals, and the introduction of consistent nutrition & yoga, I find myself bursting with ideas and able to stream them so easily.
And so I start a blog post and get so far and then… I abandon it. And so, in my “WordPress editor” I have many “drafts”. They far outnumber the actual posts that make it.
But I need to write. Not only that – I have a story to tell. Maybe many stories to tell.
So today I start. I am committing to writing – and posting – a blog post a day. No. Matter. What.
That means, no matter how:
- long and meandering / short and simple
- imperfect / perfect (ha!)
- negative / positive
- political / non-political
- liberal / conservative (in the non-political sense of the words)
- polished / unpolished
- finished / unfinished
it may turn out to be.
I am going to practice the craft of writing. Daily. For an audience. Even if the audience is an audience of one (me).
What have I got to lose?
* please note: In no way am I advocating the dismissal or disuse of psychiatric meds. They have their place and are lifesaving for many – at one time, even for me.